Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Marsupial Mamas Exclusive: Natibaby Midnight Owls


Marsupial Mamas sent me another wrap to wear and review for them! This time I got to test out the Marsupial Mamas exclusive Natibaby Midnight Owls.

The wrap I tested is a size 4 which is a great size for me since I can do single layer carries and can still bust out a double hammock tied at shoulder to get a good feel for double layer carries and grip/glide ratio.



The first thing I love about this wrap is the design. I know a lot of people in the babywearing world tend to enjoy brighter patterns or more "cheerful" designs, I however, am not one of those people.  I *love* the dark colors of this design and the owls are super cute.  The darker colors also make it a FANTASTIC option for a wrap that will see things like summer berry picking (and eating), muddy days, and icky chores around the house. As a bonus, it is 100% cotton so it is still easy care and can be tossed right in the washing machine.

I know Natibaby is known for having a wide variety of wraps and wrapping qualities, I know I was scared off a little bit when I heard of their wraps being "beastly", but what I have learned by having this here is that each wrap is it's own "thing".  Midnight Owls is nice and floppy and very soft.  It is what I would consider to be a wrap that is right on the edge of thin and medium for thickness. It isn't what I would call "airy" but it isn't super dense either and I think the weave wouldn't be very pull prone.



This wrap has a lot of diagonal stretch which makes it awesome for moldablity but doesn't have much top to bottom/side to side stretch so it doesn't sag at all even with a heavy toddler.

I found Midnight Owls to be perfectly comfortable in single layer carries due to the lack of sagging mentioned above and the density kept it from getting diggy with my 25 pound 19 month old (disclaimer here is I don't have picky shoulders).


For multi-pass carries this wrap was wonderful. The passes went into place easily enough and despite a pretty flat weave it had a good amount of grip once in place. It also knots well, which is worth noting, as not all my tie at shoulder carries are easy to tie for my strange wrists but I had no trouble with this wrap.

In all I would say this wrap is perfectly suitable for a new baby but would really shine in the 6 month - 2yr + range. It would easily take all life with a bigger baby and toddler has to throw at it and still keep on happily trucking!


No comments:

Post a Comment